Terms and Conditions
We aim to offer Modern Qigong so all clients experience the health and wellness benefits of this traditional Chinese therapy. For your peace of mind and understanding of the basis on which the services are offered, we strongly urge you to read our Terms and Conditions before you book.
Touch of Chi offers individual and group classes and workshops in Modern Qigong, in the studio and in open air spaces. Our classes and workshops are offered in a safe and welcoming environment, without discrimination.
You are encouraged to arrive 10-20 minutes prior to the scheduled start of a class or workshop. Participants can use this time to relax and prepare for the class. Tea and water will be provided for studio classes.
Studio doors will be locked precisely upon commencement of the class and latecomers will not be admitted.
Your Health, Wellbeing and Physical Condition
- You agree you are able to participate in, and undertake, physical activity.
- You acknowledge Touch of Chi classes and workshops are not a substitute for medical attention, examination, diagnosis or treatment, and you have sought medical attention for any new or existing conditions before participating in any class or workshop.
- You agree to inform the teacher of any new or existing medical conditions that may impact your participation in a class or workshop.
- You agree to ask for teacher support in the event of pain or discomfort during Touch of Chi classes or workshops.
- You acknowledge any advice and/or recommendation given by a Touch of Chi teacher is not intended to constitute medical diagnosis or treatment, nor should it be relied on as a suggested course of medical treatment. If you are in doubt, discuss with your doctor, therapist or mental health professional the Qigong sessions and practices you are considering and their potential risks for your circumstances.
- You agree not to participate in Touch of Chi classes or workshops whilst you have infections or contagious illness or disease, or have physical ailment such as open cuts, sores, or minor infections where there is a risk (however small) to other participants.
Covid-19 Regulations and Guidelines
- You agree not to attend any class or workshop if you exhibit any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion, runny nose, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
- You further agree not to attend any class or workshop if you have tested positive for the Covid-19 virus or been in contact with a recent overseas traveller or been in contact with a person who has tested positive in the last 14 days.
- When entering the studio, you agree to use the hand sanitiser provided. This requirement stands until rescinded by state and federal health authorities.
- You agree to comply with mandated physical distancing rules at all times. A teacher may ask you to leave the class or workshop in the event of non-compliance.
- You agree to wear a mask if required by current Victorian government Covid-19 regulations. If you experience breathing difficulties or limitations due to wearing a mask, you may remove it only for the remaining time of the class or workshop. This is consistent with current health guidelines providing an exemption from wearing a mask during exercise.
- Bookings and payments are only accepted via the secure booking and payment system on the Touch of Chi website.
- Payment can be made by Mastercard or Visa card.
- A booking is not complete until payment authorisation has been received.
- You will be sent an email confirming the booking details and payment receipt.
Cancellations and Refunds
- Touch of Chi reserves the right to cancel classes or workshops up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled start.
- Enrolled participants will be notified of a cancellation by email or text message as specified in the personal information provided to Touch of Chi.
- Enrolled participants will be offered a full refund, or they can request their payment to be applied to another class or workshop.
- Please take time to consider your booking prior to submitting it, and make sure that you can attend your classes or workshop, as we are unable to offer a refund if you choose to cancel your booking or do not attend.
- Clients wishing to participate in free events scheduled by Touch of Chi are still required to book. We do request that if you are unable to attend a free event for which you have booked, you are asked to cancel your participation so that your place can be offered to others.
Cancellation of outdoor events
- Touch of Chi reserves the right cancel outdoor classes or events up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled start.
- Outdoor events will be cancelled, prior to, or during the event, due to certain weather conditions as follows:
- Wind/wind gusts exceeding 30 kmh/Beaufort scale 4;
- Temperatures above 32° (C).
Information collected by Touch of Chi is personal information, as defined by the Australian Government Privacy Act 1998. This data includes your first name, last name, email address, street address, state, postal code, country, telephone number and any medical conditions or special requirements.
How the information is used
Touch of Chi uses your personal information so you can identify yourself when making an online booking, to contact you about a booking or cancellation and to keep you informed (if you agree) of events that may be of interest to you.
Your personal information is not used for commercial purposes and is not distributed to any other organisation for any purpose.
Unless otherwise advised by you, any testimonials you make are fully released to Touch of Chi to advertise or promote its classes, workshops or other offerings in any form of media: physical, online or digital.
Unless otherwise advised by you, any photographs or videos taken of you, or that include you, are fully released to Touch of Chi to advertise or promote its classes, workshops or other offerings in any form of media: physical, online or digital.
Touch of Chi uses a trusted, secure payment processing technology. All data, including your log-in, profile and credit card details, sent between your browser and the server is encrypted. Credit card transactions are processed immediately using a secure payment gateway to the banking system. You receive immediate feedback on the transaction’s status, and Touch of Chi does not store your credit card details.
Assumption of Risk
- You warrant you are physically able to participate in Touch of Chi classes or workshops in which you have chosen to enrol and have not been advised otherwise by your medical (physical and/or mental) practitioner. You further warrant you have no pre-existing medical (physical and/or mental) condition that would otherwise prevent you from participating in any classes or workshops.
- You understand you will be engaging in activities that may involve risk of personal injury or illness and that may also involve the risk of economic/property loss and damage. You also understand there may be risks involved not known to you or to Touch of Chi, or may not be foreseen or reasonably foreseeable at this time or at the time of participating in the class or workshop. You assume the foregoing risks including risk of any negligence by Touch of Chi and its respective owners, directors, officers, employees or agents, and accept personal responsibility for any injury (including but not limited to personal injury and disability), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability or expense of any kind or nature, that you may suffer arising out of or in connection with the use Touch of Chi facilities or participation in classes or workshops by you.
Limitation of Liability
- In consideration of class or workshop participation by you, you hereby release and forever discharge Touch of Chi from all actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, losses, damages, penalties, fines, costs and expenses, howsoever arising, you may have incurred arising from or in connection with your participation and/or use of Touch of Chi facilities or from being on Touch of Chi premises to the fullest extent permitted by law and whether caused or contributed to (directly or indirectly) by any act of negligence, breach of duty or default/omission on the part of Touch of Chi and its respective owners, directors, officers, employees or agents.
- In consideration of class or workshop participation by you, you agree Touch of Chi will not be liable for any loss, damage or theft of any of your property except where caused by the gross negligence of Touch of Chi. Further, Touch of Chi will not be liable for any death, personal injury or illness occurring on its premises or as a result of use of facilities, except to the extent that it arises from the gross negligence of Touch of Chi and its respective owners, directors, officers, employees or agents.